Monday, September 26, 2011

Last Friday Night: The Misshapes Live in Manila

Friday night, I had dinner with great friends, Che and Len, at the restaurant Felix.


Felix is a middling to fine restaurant, depending on what the diner, confronted with myriad choices, decides to order. Case in point, the two dishes Che and I shared:






 











 Pasta with pesto, beef and sausages: dry and underseasoned, amateurish.


















Pan-seared sea bass, scallops and foie gras on a bed of stewed cabbage: so much better. (But what a crime it would be to mess up three of the most wonderful ingredients in the world--by mere pan-searing.)
 

Len had some version of Hainanese chicken rice, which looked dry and not very attractive--so no photo of that.
















 



Len's sparkly purple Rachel Roy shoes, on the other hand, are photo-worthy. I love them.
 

Then we, along with another great friend, Kate, were off to Opus to see The Misshapes + The Zombettes spin.
















 



Kate, Me, Len, Hyc and Che


















 


The Misshapes' Geordon Nicol and Leigh Lezark. Mr. Nicol was nice and even chatted a bit with me when we were introduced. Ms. Lezark looked like she would rather be somewhere else, distant and cold. (Come to think of it, Ms. Lezark did very little DJ-ing that night.)















  


Us, with our friend Nico, who is part of the night's promoter.














 



Kate holding the duo's nameplate.

I had so much fun I decided to stay behind when everybody else had decided to leave some time after 3am. I wanted to keep my promise to Mr. Nicol that I'd finish his entire set.

No comments:

Post a Comment